Summer Forest Camp 2022
This program is suited for children ages 3 to 7 years old.
Our Summer Camp includes playing in the outdoors at our home base property and moving into our local passive parks. There we will be exploring and taking the time to marvel in the natural world. Our flexible schedule will enable the children to discover nature at a slowed down pace and will also allow us to stop for story time, picnic and choose from offerings of creative nature experiences as well as open ended play time:
- Nature Immersion and Play
- Bird and Butterfly Watching
- Hiking to our favorite creek spots
- Animal Tracking
- Garden tending
- Mud Play/ Kitchen
- Nature Games, Stories and Songs
- Nature Artistic Expression
- Children must be able to communicate their needs for a restroom and be fully potty trained. For purposes of safety and respect to others or wildlife, children will also need to be able to follow directions, safety rules and guidelines during Forest Camp excursions within our small group.
- We strive to create a balanced and diverse population of learners for the Summer Forest Camp group that meets daily.
2022 Camp Dates:
- Dates: TBD
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Summer Camp Fee is $260 per week
Priority for enrollment:
- Currently enrolled students
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- We aim to create a balanced and diverse multi aged group of children ages 3 to 7 yrs old.
Payment is due at the time of registration, non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no deductions for sick days, vacations, power outages due to tornado/hurricane or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
Application and Registration Process
We are pleased that you are interested in our KMNP Forest Summer Camp experience. Choosing an appropriate Summer Camp for your child and family is an important decision and we hope to help you in this process.
Our process for applying and registration:
- First read our website and take a school tour. Please bring your child with you to the initial tour. You may review the Parent Handbook during your visit. Come prepared with questions and we will be happy to discuss any questions that you may have.
- Then if you have agreed to the KMNP Parent Handbook Rules & Procedures, we agree that KMNP may be right for your family and you would like to register, then we will email you our Registration Packet. Scan & email or print & mail us the documents along with a photo of your child.
- Make sure to attach your child's immunization records or Affidavit of Exemption document per GA state licensing regulations.
- The enrollment process will be officially done and your child will be enrolled once we receive all of your paperwork ~ enrollment packet, immunization information and our bank clears your payment.
* We only take 6 children per day into our Summer Forest Camp. We are a BFTS fully licensed program and the ratio is 1:6
Ensuring success in our Forest Preschool program:
Be prepared for your child to dress appropriately for exploring freely outdoors, get dirty, and feel comfortable no matter the weather. Arriving at school dressed and ready each day will help us use our time efficiently.
We borrow the old Scandinavian adage ~
There is no bad weather, but inappropriate clothing choices.
Before you apply for our program, consider whether you and your child are comfortable with or willing to be outdoors for most of the school day and in a variety of weather. Our indoor space will be utilized for drop off and in the event of severe weather.
Your child will need:
Clothing and supplies
- Summer hat
- Closed toe water shoes; preferably a shoe that is tight enough to stay on and not fall off easily. No Crocs or flip flops please. These types of shoes are not tight enough for hiking safely on woodland trails full of tree roots and rock climbing.
- Full change of clothes (pants, top, underwear) * We recommend wearing loose/thin nylon or water repellent fabrics as a better choice in the summer months to help protect from sun, heat and insects (instead of cotton); Loose fitting rain paints in a thin waterproof or water resistant fabric works well in the shaded creek play areas. Be prepared w/ long pants with thin fabrics as options for changes instead of jeans or heavy sweat pants to protect legs during hikes.
- Lunch box with gel ice packs and a refillable water bottle. Please make sure that water bottles are leak proof and will fit inside the lunchbox. Bring change of clothes and lunchbox in a backpack so that children can carry their personal items along for the day. No glass please as we travel into natural park areas, these items are not safe and are not easy to clean up if broken. We practice the ethic of "leave no trace" when venturing into the natural areas of Cobb County.
- Arrive to camp with Sunscreen and/or insect repellent already applied