Nature Pedagogy is an understanding of our sense of belonging to land, our sense of working with nature. There is a pedagogical shift when you move outside into nature... it's learning with nature, not just teaching about it
- Claire Warden
Fall 2020 - 2021 Tuition and Registration
Our Nature Preschool program is offered to children ages 3 to 6 years old. Children who turn 3 years old by August 1 are generally ready and eligible for this class. Children must be able to communicate their needs for a restroom and be potty proficient. For purposes of safety and respect to others or wildlife, children will also need to be able to follow directions, safety rules and guidelines while on excursions off site within our small group. We strive to create a balanced and diverse population of learners for our Preschool class that meets:
We are now offering a 5 - day Forest Kindergarten class!
This class offers a small pod or class of 6 children, ages 3 - 6.
*We no longer offer 2 or 3 day options.
- 5 day Forest Kindergarten meets Monday through Friday
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- For those enrolling for Fall 2020 - 2021, you will be committing to regular attendance during the school year:
- $990 a month
- Yearly registration fee is non a refundable $200 (per child) to reserve a spot for the school year.
- Currently enrolled Families have a $150 registration fee during their enrollment period
- Priority for Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled families
- Siblings of enrolled families
- Wait List families
- Our school year follows the Cobb County School calendar and closings
- The tuition is prepaid and due by the first business day of each month.
- There are no deductions of the monthly tuition for sick days, snow days, vacations, holidays, power outages due to tornado/hurricane or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- We maintain a very low teacher to student ratio 1-2:6
Application and Registration Process
We are pleased that you are interested in our KMNP Nature experience. Choosing an appropriate preschool for your child and family is an important decision and we hope to help you in this process.
** Due to Covid-19, we are only offering socially distanced tours related to Fall 20-21 enrollment. You may send us an application available on our home page. All tours will be done privately, one family at a time and in limited numbers. While touring in a socially distanced manner we are requiring no COVID-19 symptoms, masks and keeping at a distance.
You may also apply for the Wait List with a $25 fee.
Thank you for understanding our process is unique and that we are taking care for the safety of all those engaged and interested in our program. We look forward to continuing our NATURE based program this Fall! We have modified our program to follow all the latest GA Department of Early Learning, GA's Bright From the Start licensing and GA Department of Public Health requirements and many recommendations per the latest publication 8/12/20.
Our process for applying and registration:
- First read our website and take a school tour. Please bring your child with you to the initial tour. You may review the Parent Handbook during your tour. Come prepared with questions and we will be happy to discuss any questions that you may have.
- Then if you feel that Kennesaw Mountain Nature Preschool may be right for your family and would like to apply, fill out an application and scan & email or print & mail the document along with a photo of your child.
- After we have met and taken a school tour together, we need to make sure that all your questions are answered and that our school is a good fit for your family as well as discuss any other concerns or special circumstances that may need to be addressed.
- Once the applications have been received we will notify families of their application status during our review and wait period depending on the number of applicants received. This process could take several weeks but we will notify you of your acceptance in a timely manner.
- Once you have received confirmation to enroll your child, then we will send you an enrollment packet (including a copy of the Parent Handbook) that you need to return as soon as possible fully filled out along with $200 deposit to hold your child's spot. Any missing or inaccurate information may delay or forfeit your child's spot.
- Make sure to attach your child's immunization records.
- The enrollment process will be officially done and your child will be enrolled once we receive all the required enrollment paperwork and registration deposit and our bank clears your payment. You may pay registration fees by Pay Pal on our website or mail to our school address.
- The WAIT LIST is an option for parents who are interested in our unique preschool experience and wish to be on the wait list for the event that a spot opens up throughout the school year. The wait list fee is $25. You may pay this fee via pay pal or mail in a check with your application.
Ensuring success in our Forest Preschool program:
- Be prepared for your child to dress appropriately for exploring freely outdoors, get dirty, and feel comfortable no matter the weather.
We borrow the old Scandinavian adage ~
There is no bad weather, but inappropriate clothing choices.
- Before you apply for our program, consider whether you and your child are comfortable with or willing to be outdoors for most of the school day and in a variety of weather. We require dressing your children in layers during the winter months, with loose clothing so that the body can warm itself and insulate in between layers of clothing.
- We offer Parents recommendations and a few requirements for appropriate clothing for the factors of safety, durability, waterproofing, comfort and ease of use. When dressed appropriately, children will be healthy and safe while happily playing outside and become accustomed to the seasonal changes.
- NEW THIS FALL, We will provide ALL of these items for every child:
- Oakiwear rainsuits
- Mittens (Head brand)
- Bucket Hat
- Artic Zone lunch box (2 ice walls and bento style containers)
- Water resistant back pack
- Nap mat, sheet, blanket
Your child will need:
- Appropriate Clothing:
- Waterproof winter coat (Columbia, Lands End are good examples)
- Fleece hooded jacket
- Winter hat
- Wool socks
- Fleece neck warmer (not a scarf)
- Rain pants
- Thermal underwear (top and bottom base layer)
- Rain boots
- Closed toe water shoes for warmer weather (no flip flops or Crocs)
- A full change of extra clothing including undergarments in backpack at all times
- We will provide you with a school 25% discount code when you purchase from Oaki Wear. This code is specific to our Nature Preschool